This is it people, after waiting for about 10 years for a new, proper Valkyrie Profile game. Square-Enix finally bit the bullet and thought “you know what? We’ve just suddenly got the urge to file for bankruptcy” and as such, Square-Enix contacted tri-Ace for one final reunion in order to create the greatest game that would ever be made, Valkyrie Profile 3 Hrist.
“We have contemplated on making Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist for some time now, we’ve even gone so far as to tease players with seraphic gate skits, mocking Hrist for not getting her own game” – Takayuki Suguro
Many new features are to be added to Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist including:
- Two story arcs for both Lenneth and Hrist (because you just can’t get enough of Lenneth.)
- Actual weapon models for each equipable weapon in battle (because it worked so well in our gatcha game so we might as well.)
- Create your own Einherjar (why not? After all they’re not exactly important to the plot, they’re just battle fodder. Lets just let the player make their own.)
- Private Actions with einherjar (because Star Ocean did it and people loved
backtrackingto experience them)
- Instead of having multiple endings, gaining affection allows your customized einherjar to learn new moves and abilities from other einherjar that like you and einherjar that hate you will become rivals who will try to steal exp from you in battle, even if they aren’t in the party, send those bastards to Valhalla immediately!!!
- In game achievements, you killed the ethereal queen for the billionth time on 100 crystals playthrough, congratulations now you have unlocked freya’s hat for your player avatar.
- Control up to 3 teams of fighters at once, this means having 12 characters on the field at once which you can switch between at will using the d-pad. Of course this means that you will encounter much larger groups of enemies to compensate for this.
- You can unlock new formations for your fighter group which affects the stats of all your fighters, giving them stat boosts and decreases based on their formation. Sealstones will remain also and you can stack these bonuses in order to deal tremendous damage… but the game will be built around this.
- Scramble attack will now allow you to assign a move to each direction on the d-pad for more options in battle, cool stuff eh?
- While Lenneth could freeze enemies and Silmeria could warp between enemies, Hrist can use her field powers to mind control enemies by forcing them to submit to her will allowing her to use enemies to access certain areas where treasure is located as well as allowing her to move enemies out of the way to save her from having to waste time killing them.
- Knocking enemies into the air rewards not only experience crystals but also AP, same with knocking enemies down. Now every combo is effective no matter what direction it’s in. Maximize your AP by getting the best air combos!
- Odin will be a playable character… and yes he will be sat on a floating throne the entire time just like Dist from Tales Of The Abyss.
- Includes the full version of Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria for those who want to relive old times… wait, you wanted the first game!? Go get it on Mobile already you cheap bastards!
- Lezard will return, turns out Valkyrie Profile 2 was merely a setback, a stepping stone to a much larger plan.
- Explore Nifelheim for the very first time… but beware, it’s the exact same dungeon as the one in Tales Of Symphonia… but 500 floors longer. Good Luck, you’ll need it.
- Captain Falcon makes a cameo appearance along with many other familiar faces such as Dias Flac from Star Ocean The Second Story. Now you can watch Captain Falcon punch Odin into oblivion, who doesn’t want to see that?
Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist will be released on the 19th November 2019 and will be a PC exclusive so be sure to get yourselves a good graphics card… you’re going to need one.
Happy April Fools Day!!!